Spirit of the 4th Parade and LIVE MUSIC in the Park - Saturday, June 30!
Come decked out in your RED, WHITE, & BLUE and join us ...
* Saturday, June 30 Starting at 4:00PM!
* Bring your dog, bike, wagon, scooter, or stroller! We'll have decorating stations full of streamers, pin wheels, and flags. Show off your country and community spirit as we Parade Through the Park!
* Members of the WVHS Band will lead off the parade! HOORAY!!!
* Followed by LIVE MUSIC with the Martin Coughlin Band. Original music and covers!
* Calling all bakers! Apple Pie Bake Off ... *bring your best apple pie to be judged by our distinguished panel of judges!
*To participate in the Bake Off, please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email your name and phone number.
* Ice Cream treats can be purchased from Park Village's own Tammy's Ice Cream Truck ($3-$4) Tammy takes cash and all major credit cards, too!
*Water Balloon Toss, Sack Races ... other fun games with Coach Barb Mills!
* Pie Eating Contest!
- Penasquitos Creek Park right across from Park Village Elementary School (Corner of Park Village Rd and Camino del Sur)
Saturday, June 30
- Decorating starts at 4:00
- Parade begins promptly at 4:45
Order of Parade:
- Banner holders
- Flag bearers
- WVHS Band
- Kids, parents, pets
- Dan and Deb
- Martin Coughlin Band will be playing from 5:30 - 8:00
- Kids games begin at 5:45 - 6:45
- Apple Pie Judging will start at 6:00
- Pie Eating Contest right after Apple Pie Judging
- Bring a friend or neighbor!
- Bring your lawn chairs and/or a blankets - could cool off as the sun goes down
- Bring a picnic dinner and beverages (adult beverages are not not allowed :)
Saturday, April 28 from 7AM to Noon!
Spring is here and it's time to clean out the closets and garage! The Christensen Realty Group is sponsoring their annual spring community garage sale.
Email email@example.com and include the following information:
1. Full name
2. Garage sale address
3. Your phone number
4. 1-2 special items you'll be selling or want to highlight - for example: TV, dining table, tools, baby clothes, etc.
*After you register you'll get a confirmation email from us with more information and tips to make the most of your garage sale.
The Christensen Realty Group will provide the following:
1. Will advertise on Craigslist, YardSale.com, and several other websites including Nextdoor.
2. Will put up directional signs to each participant and throughout the community.
3. Will drop off a Rise & Shine Goody Bag at your front door step prior to 7AM.
Thank you for participating!!
· 6-10 yrs – Brighton Li – 8 years old
· 11-14 yrs – Sarina Oshiro – 14 years ol
· 15-18 yrs – Dylan Zonaras 16 years old
· Honorable Mention – Tamara Huisa – 10 years old
These t-shirts are still available for purchase ... email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-869-9035 if you'd like to order one.
Park Village artists and aspiring artists ages 6 - 18 are invited to create a T-Shirt design that reflects our Park Village neighborhood. T-Shirts will be sold at the 2nd Annual Park Village Movie in the Park, on August 26 with proceeds benefiting homeless kids within the Poway School District.
Winners in 3 different age categories have been chosen! Each age group winner will receive $100. In addition, 3 designs will be printed and offered for purchase at the LEGO Batman Movie in the Park on August 26. Profits will go to support Youth in Transition.
LEGO Batman Movie and the 2nd Annual Park Village Movie in the Park was a hit! Over 500 showed up for fun, food, connecting with neighbors and friends, and, of course, LEGO Batman! Popcorn, candy, Chick-fil-A, Baskin Robbins, along with raffle tickets and "I Love Park Village" t-shirts were sold to support the PUSD Youth in Transition program which aids the over 300 homeless kids currently going to school within the Poway School District. These sales combined with donations from First American Title, Legend's Escrow, and Dean, Roland, Russell Family Wealth Management totaled $3,532 for this important need. In addition, approximately 10 bins of toiletries were collected ... all of which will be a tremendous help to these kids and their families.
Thank You Park Village!!
A HUGE Thank You to our co-sponsors! Without these people and local businesses this annual event would not be possible...
Here’s What You Need to Know:
Although the PUSD is considered one of the more affluent school districts in San Diego, it is not immune to the harsh realities of poverty.
There are more than 300 students in the Poway District who are considered homeless. These students and families do not have stable housing and are constantly trying to find a "roof over their heads".
Proceeds from the sale of food, drinks, ice cream, raffle tickets, & "I Love Park Village" T-shirts designed by Park Village youth will go to the Youth in Transition Program in the PUSD.
Cost per item ...
Chick-fil-A Sandwiches: $6
Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream: $3
Popcorn, Water, Soft Drinks, & Candy: $1
Raffle Tickets: 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 8 for $10
I Love Park Village T-shirts: $18
Raffle prizes include:
1-Night stay at the Omni La Costa Hotel + 2-Day Legoland Passes for $ ($450 -500 Value)
Parker Tree Service: $200 gift certificate towards Tree Trimming or Tree Removal
Cafe ZZO: 2 x $25 Gift Certificates
Vittorio's Family Style Trattoria: 4 Course Wine Dinner including Dessert for 2 ($110 Value)
Massage Heights PQ: Gift Basket + 2 Free Massages ($350 Value)
Pawtails Pet Sitting: Pet Disaster Preparedness Tote ($100 Value) + Gift Certificate to Choice Market ($100 Value)
Brigantine Restaurant (Poway): $50 gift certificate
Sunshine Salon (Poway): Complimentary Facial ($70 value)
Gila Rut Aveda Salon (Carmel Valley): $50 Haircut + Aveda sample products
Mira Mesa Pilates: 3 Free Pilates Classes ($54 Value) x 2
Gila Rut Aveda Salon (Carmel Valley): $70 Haircut + Aveda sample products
Pizza Rev: 4 Gift Cards for 1 Pizza & 1 Drink each ($48 Value)
Oxy Pro Carpet Cleaning: 3 Rooms + Hallway ($134 Value)
Joelle's Salon and Spa: Keratin Hair Products ($75 Value)